a private matter
Besides offering abortion services, Potomac Family Planning Centers offers other services that include gynecological and birth control services.
- A full range of office gynecology services are provided by our Board Certified Gynecologists.
- Annual Exams include Pap Smears, pelvic exam, breast exam, and routine lab work.
- Upon your request, you will be assisted in selecting a method of birth control suitable for you.
- Pregnancy Testing (routine urine test, early blood test, and early urine tests are available)
- Ultrasound to Determine Length of Pregnancy
- Options Counseling – If you’re pregnant and uncertain about your plans for your pregnancy, we discuss all options.
- Comprehensive Routine Gynecological Care (medical history, pelvic and breast examinations, Pap Smears)
- Screening for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s)
Birth Control Services
- Birth Control Counseling & Services – We will help you find the method that is right for you!
- Birth Control Pill Prescriptions
- Birth Control Shot (Depo Provera) every 3 months (not available at all locations)
- Nuva Ring http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp
- IUD’s http://www.mirena-us.com/index.jsp (not available at all locations)
- Ortho Evra (the patch) http://www.orthoevra.com/
- Diaphragm fittings
Not all of the other services listed above are available at each location. Call the location nearest you for a list of other services available to you.